Monday, April 27, 2009

Festival of Colors



So I may not have a digital camera...but other people do!!! Here are a bunch of pictures that I took from the color festival thrown at the Holi Christna temple (no idea if I spelled that right and I'm too lazy to google it). Basically thousands of people are at the temple and they burn an effigy (sp?) and then people throw colored chalk....EVERYWHERE...it was pretty fun, but I got a couple hand fulls of chalk to the mouth which didn't taste awesome. My boogers ( I know, ewe) were purple for like a week.....enjoy!! :)

I went with my buddy Dale, if you're wondering who the guy is. We're the only hard core friends that wanted to be pelted with colored chalk. We went and bought goggles before hand to protect our eyes because we're brilliant. That top one is the before shot...the after shots follow....












































































6 comments:

Unknown said...

hey! i didn't know you have a blog! i love it, and i'll definitely be back!

Cher said...

You guys are definitely hard core, looks like so much fun...is that the temple close to Payson??

Deanna said...

yeah I think so...I'm not real good with geography past provo, but I know its outside of spanish fork

Mrs. KIR said...

That looks like so much fun!! I would love to have gone and eaten chalk with you!

Oh and What? your little brother?...who? NOOOOO what gave you that idea? AND hes not so little my friend:)

I do want to let you know that I was not the least bit upset with him..it was quite funny to me...those girls LOVE him!! And rightly so if you ask me..the old married lady!!!

alexismdyer said...

love this and you. happy birthday my dear.

Scottie and Angie said...

I love it!!!!! Love it LOVE IT. OH how I miss you and good old DALE!!! What fun times, I am glad you had a good time. Good to see what you are up to.
love,
Angie