Monday, December 21, 2009

"Agh. I forgot."

This is I think the most common phrase I utter. And you wanna know what's really sad?? It's completely true. I have zero memory. Ever. I forget EVERYTHING.

"Hey did you bring *insert any given item here* like I asked you??" as spoken by friends, family, coworkers, etc.

'Oh dang it!! I forgot!'

"Did you go through your finances like I wanted you to?" usually said by Mom

'Aaagh, sorry. I totally spaced it."

"Were you able to do that for me?"

'Oh, no, sorry. I totally ran out of time/forgot.'

And the list goes on and on....

Though I stalk her blog and am so excited for her new baby, still consistently forget to call Brooke to say congrats.

I also forget to call back almost everyone that calls me in a timely fashion. This includes some of my voice students. Not good policy.

I always forget to write missionaries. This is one of the ones that frustrates me the most. Almost all of my guy friends that went on missions I didn't write at all, maybe one letter. I think I wrote one of my best guy friends 8 or 9 times and I thought I was awesome.
One of my best friends, Liz, just got home from her mission....I wrote her maybe 6 or 7 times....half of those being in the last month and a half she was out....better late than never, right??? The other sad thing is she got home from her mission almost 2 weeks ago and I didn't know....why?? Because I always forgot to read the letters her mom would forward me because I would forget to check my yahoo account I rarely get into. I've been wanting to call her since she's been back. Honestly I've been burning both ends of the candle...but I also keep forgetting to find out her number....I'm an awful friend.
My little brother has been out on his mission since July....and I have written him ONCE. Make that twice...but I never sent the second one because it wouldn't make it to him before he left the MTC.....I stink.

Do you see how this is a problem??? I'm ruining relationships and probably people's lives!!! No wonder I've never been given a calling that would have me be responsible for people throughout the week or why my family gets weary asking me to do anything. Maybe that's why I'm perpetually single too:)

Other things I've forgotten, recently or not:

Send jewelry back with Chad after Laura's wedding for Jocey and Lucy.
Bring black fabric for Melanie.
Bring a dress to wear to church when I was home (thank you April for the use of your closet)
Nail polish remover for Laura's girl party.
Mail package for Sarah (that was actually a combo of not having time and forgetting going back and forth)
In general I forget directions to places. Ask my friend Amanda. I think I called her every single time I was going to her house except once.

I forgot to 1) Call Dale on his birthday. I actually called but just because I wanted to say hi...so mostly I forgot it was his birthday. 2)Forgot to mail him his birthday card 3) forgot to bring the birthday card with me when I went to Utah 4) Still haven't mailed the card...why??? Because I keep forgetting. He, however, remembered that I forgot to get stephen's hot cocoa when I was in Utah and mailed it to me....because he is a good friend...and I stink.

There are a million other things I have recently and not so recently forgotten...but I can't remember them right now.

People not mentioned before I keep forgetting to call:
Kara
Michelle
Jenny
Amanda
Taryn
Angie
Amy
Danelle
Alexis
Jennica
Erin
Cheri
Marc
David
Dave
Dr. Coles (multiple years of forgetting)
Ms. Rappe (also multiple years of forgetting)
Grandma Bushman
Grandpa and Grandma Lunt
various aunts and uncles
cousins (especially Ashley and Becca whom have physically called me and I didn't return phone calls).....

and many many more, just to name a few. Don't be offended if you're not on this list...it could just go forever.

There are hundreds of cards I probably should have mailed, hundreds of texts I should have sent and hundreds of notes I should have written....but I keep forgetting.

So don't take it personally anyone if I don't call you, write you, fulfill responsibilities towards you etc.

I truly and honestly never mean to not do something....
I just.....
forget......

7 comments:

Catherine said...

I'm offended I'm not on the list:). Good thing we get our text on and I don't forget to call you!! haha! love you!

(just blame it all on the accident)

Deanna said...

haha you know I was actually going to write something about the accident...but I forgot...it's so sad. And yes, I didn't include you because we seem to be better at communicating than others:)

taryn said...

Don't worry about not calling me, I'm probably worse than you at calling people. Talking on the phone is one of my least favorite things to do (Brady and me both).

Send me your address so I can send you a new year's card :) We would have sent Christmas cards out, but... I forgot, so now everyone is getting new year's cards!

Danelle said...

ummm that is REALLY Funny!!! We still all love you!

Heather said...

That is hilarious! I too am a perpetual forgetter. Your blog is cute!

Dale said...

You bought me a card, too? You're too kind! I thought you only got me a ribbon.

Scottie and Angie said...

No worries Deanna! I am just happy I made it on the list LOL. I love it when you post because it lets me know that you are alive. I missed not seeing you when I was in Utah. I think that's the first time that I have gone back to visit and you weren't there! Sad for me. I bet you were spending time with family though and hopefully having a nice break. Love you lots.