Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Oh hey

Soooo...it's my twenty fifth birthday next friday....and I think that's a little weird....

One of my best friends and roommate of about six years and I were talking a couple months back and we were both thinking about the change from 18 yrs old to now. What was really funny is we both really thought that we would have everything figured out by 24. It just made sense and seemed like such a refined age. We would be done with school, at least moderately successful in our fields of study and we would meet great guys and be in functional relationships and then get married when in our twenty fourth year and everything was going to be great...a couple laughs later we both commented on how twenty for had come and was going....and it seems a lot of our plans didn't work out for us....

we both finished our majors though...so that counts for something....right?? :)


Cat and me at age twenty....we were just babies!!!! :)

4 comments:

Dale said...

You always say my family ages well, but the same can easily be said for you and your family.

And I love that I'm going to be out there for you birthday!!! I can't wait to give you your gift. I think you'll be pleased. 10 days...

Catherine said...

Wasn't that at dinner Thanksgiving time when my parents were there at that Texas inspired food place? I'm pretty sure we were 21 there. but...close.
25 is going to be great! "we've only just begun....to live!!!" :) love you!

Anonymous said...

Wow you are getting old!! Just kidding. Have a great bday!

Scottie and Angie said...

Happy Birthday coming up soon!!! That is exciting, and you should be proud of who you are and what you have done these past 25 years of your life! You have touched many lives along your way and have made them better including mine! Love ya