Monday, November 9, 2009

I'M ALIVE!!!

Hello, all!!

So my friend Erin reminded me that many of you I haven't talked to in a while....like 5 months.....sorry!!! I'm alive! And I love and miss you all!!

Here's a briefer of what's going on:

I live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago in Schaumburg. It's really really flat out here.....all sense of direction I ever had has hit the fan. Oh well!!! I think I'm better than I was when I was in high school at least. I live with my sister, Sarah and her family. They're really good sports to have me around. I'm busy with school and work and being crazy so I'm sure it's stressful. I think her kids resented me at first but hopefully it's getting better haha.

I just finished my 3rd month of cosmetology school...only 7 more to go!!! I really hope they go by fast. I haven't particularly enjoyed it but I've done really well...so at least I don't stink at it! I'm also teaching about 12 private voice students which takes up quite a bit of time. Most of them are through a music academy in the area. It's nice because they find the students for me, but not as nice because I make about half as much as I would if I found the students on my own. I have a week off from school this week though so hopefully I can do some networking and get more in my private studio.

My church branch out here is.....well....small. There are on average about 15-18 active young single adults, sometimes more sometimes less. It's definitely a learning experience. Lot's of opportunity to serve!! The branch members are really good kids and are really strong which is great.

Chicago is awesome. I would love to actually live in the city someday. I've only visited a few times but I really enjoy it. I like just walking around and looking at stuff and it's perfect for that! I've met some other people from the Chicago wards that I've hung out with a couple times in the city which has been fun. They know their way around which is pretty nice.

Sooooo...I really miss Utah....whoever thought I would say that?!:) My heart hurts for the mountains and being outside and all my friends...but I'm coming to visit in a few weeks to see the BILLY JOEL AND ELTON JOHN concert!!!! Yay for radio stations:) So I'll get to see a lot of you out there which will make me so dang happy.

Well that's the briefer. I'll get some pictures up here soon and some more specific stories....but for now just want to let you all know I'm here and I love and miss you all wherever you are!

6 comments:

Natalie Bergin said...

I am so glad to hear that you are alive...and I'm sorry to hear that you aren't entirely loving school there but I'm SO glad to hear that you are fantastic at it (I knew you would be). You want to hear something crazy. I have been toying with the idea of culinary arts school. I don't know if I will ever do it but if you end up saying that you are loving going back to school then maybe I will too

Cher said...

I am glad you posted and I'm going to anxiously wait for the 'more specific' blog posts. I can't wait to hear about your adventures:). I have to live through someone:0 I don't get out much anymore.

Danelle said...

FINALLY!!!! sounds like you are doing ok and you better freakin" stop by here and not forget your endo friends! We miss you tons!nad post pics soon.

Megan said...

Ok, i really want to see you when you're here in Utah. Let me know!

Sharp Times said...

funny that we moved before you, but i still miss funny stuff. we went to the office last time we were visiting and sad you werent there! Glad you are doing well!

Scottie and Angie said...

Deanna,

OH how I have missed you!!! It was great to hear from you. Keep hanging in there even though life is crazy sometimes, it is totally worth it. Remember to take one day at a time because you only get to live each day once!
I will be in Utah visting from the 23rd to the 30th. Hope you will be around then because I would love to be able to see you.
Take care for now,
Angie Sue