Thursday, November 25, 2010

Just call me June


So I helped prepare things for thanksgiving today. I thought ALL of you would really want to know what I made and my recipes...
that's what we do on blogs, right?? :)

First I made this:


Homemade cranberry sauce...NBD (translation for those who aren't as into the text lingo: no big deal)

1 cup orange juice
1 cup granulated sugar (dissolve into oj in medium sauce pan over medium heat)
12 oz fresh cranberries (stir into oj/sugar and wait for them to pop and get all mashed together...DELICIOUS)

once it's cooked for how long you want it, put it in a serving dish and let it cool. Will thicken as it does. So good.

THEN I made this:

Cranberry butter....so fattening...so worth it.

I honestly don't have measurements for any of this. I used about 6 oz of cranberries and put them through the food processor, then I dumped in a whole lot of powdered sugar and mashed all that together, then I dumped in about 3 sticks of butter and whipped that all together....so basically it's like frosting but with the powdered sugar and butter in different proportions so we don't feel as bad :)

And last but not least, I made this:


and I even made it all pretty.
There's just a whole lot of stuff all over this turkey. I marinated it over night in a bunch of things...maybe if I plan on ever blogging about recipes I can't just fly by the seat of my pants with all this stuff.

Much more food was had, but those were my main contributions. I had several friends from church come down because they couldn't go home for thanksgiving.



My friend Dan had a food baby.



I tried doing a food baby but it just hurt, and it wasn't super hot, so I just failed and started laughing...and that's where this picture comes from.


Here's me being June Cleaver (or however you spell her name).


I got bangs!
I'll post a picture where I actually do my hair so you can see what they really look like soon
:)

3 comments:

Shauna said...

food looks delish. bangs look cute!

Scottie and Angie said...

OK love the bangs!!!!!!! The food is amazing too, I honestly think that is the prettiest turkey I have ever seen!

taryn said...

Woah, give me that turkey! I think I might have to try that cranberry sauce at Christmas, thanks for sharing!

And how can I not mention the bangs? They look fabulous!