Friday, October 31, 2008

Worst. alarm. ever.


So this morning I was super excited because I didn't have to be to work until 8...sounds a little sad, but that's starting late for us. I don't have to leave my house till 7:40 so I was planning on sleeping in till about 7:20. I refuse to take any more then 20 minutes to get ready any given morning. This is probably why I'm single, but I really enjoy my sleep so it's totally worth it. Anyway, at seven I stirred from my slumber because I felt something on my arm. I thought maybe it was a hair, but then it felt like it was moving. So I reached back and grabbed it off my arm...and ouch! Whatever it was either bit me or stung me or something, and I'm a little over-concerned about poisonous spiders because one of my friend's owns a pest control business. So I immediately jump out of bed and flip on my light and grab a lamp and start hunting around my room. Then I hear something hitting my light. I look up...and lo and behold there is a huge wasp in my room. I was ticked. I grabbed a shoe and started chasing it around my room. I cornered it and slammed it with my shoe. Only problem is I'm not actually for sure it's dead because when I hit it it flew somewhere. But I don't think it actually flew. I think I hit it so hard it just back-fired under a table or something. Either way, I'm sure I looked like a crazy face running around my room with out of control bed hair and messed up pajamas. Happy stinkin Halloween.

6 comments:

Shauna said...

you are FUNNY. why has it taken you so long to start a blog?

happy stinkin halloween to you, too.

Danelle said...

that is really funny. sorry that happened to you though, but it made my day! happy halloween!

Cher said...

BAHAHAH. I finally got your link on my blog so I can check regularly and by that I mean twice a day, I really need more to do...I think:)

Catherine said...

yo!!! love your blog...even though I usually hear all your stories first-hand cause we're eternal roommates. but it's still great! add me to your friends..if you want:).

Anonymous said...

oh my--you are brave--such a lunt! I would have run screaming from the room begging anyone other than myself to go back in and kill the thing...so for today...you are my hero!

Amy O'Neill said...

Hey Deanna! Found your blog and thought I would say hi! That is hilarious! I once had an ant crawl in my ear in the middle of the night and if you don't think that woke me up... I was a raving lunatic, completely freaking out!!!

I will add you to my blog list!!
-Amy