Thursday, November 13, 2008

I LOVE LIFE!!!!!

I wasn't sure if yesterday was going to be a good day or not. My phone died during the night so I didn't wake up when I needed to...I found ANOTHER WASP in my room as well as a fly (both of which I terminated immediately)...and due to the full moon, all of the crazies in the greater Utah Valley area came in to see about getting a root canal. So my morning was relatively stressed. Also I got a five dollar footlong at subway and I decided to switch it up and get the chicken pizziola sub...not good. Then, my day took a dramatic turn.
A gentleman who is probably in his 70s came in to pay his and his wife's bill. So after he did that he said
"oh, I have one more question"
(me) "sure, what is it?"
"are your eyes registered?"
(me)......"I'm sorry?"
"are your eyes registered?"
(me)......"I'm sorry sir, I don't think I'm following..."
"You're eyes, they should be registered as lethal weapons!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So basically I got fed a pick up line and I thought it was one of the funnier things I have ever heard. This remark sufficed to make up for all of the stuff before him.

Now for the next thing.
So a local radio station started giving away tickets to coldplay three days ago...I LOVE COLDPLAY...one of my favorite bands. They're playing a concert in Salt Lake on the 22nd, but wouldn't you know it the cheapest tickets are about $75 and those seats aren't even that good. So obviously I couldn't afford to go to the concert. Also Laura (lil sister) and her boyfriend broke up about a week ago, and I was sad for her because he had tickets to the concert which she was obviously uninvited to attend, which brought her sadness. So I wanted to win her and me tickets. The way the radio contest works is you have to listen all day from 9-5 and write down the coldplay song from every hour. I had been faithfully doing that for 2 days. I would stay after work when everyone had left and after I had clocked out...and just listen for the final song and call on my cell phone and the two office phones close to me. (there are 3 lines to the radio station, so I was trying to cover them all) Well the first day after much effort and praying, no luck. So the next day after the second to last song I had an epiphany...why not just call Laura, tell her I'm trying to win us tickets, give her all of the song names, and then just tell her when to call?? I know...genius. It makes me think I should be a manager somewhere, like a cell phone kiosk or something. Anyway, so I called Laura, gave her all the song names, and then told her I would call her when the final song started playing so she would know when to call. She took one line, I took one line, and her friend Katie called the other.............
LAURA WAS CALLER TEN!!!!!! I had given her all of the songs and info she needed so she told the guy everything and we got tickets to the concert, tickets to a pre-show with only a thousand people where they're going to play a little private concert, back-stage passes for after the concert AND $101.90 (the station was 101.9) to buy cold play paraphanelia that the band will sign....



+




=



my life is complete.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Job well done!

Shauna said...

wow hit on by an old man and coldplay tickets all in one day? doesn't get any better...

Tina said...

Awesome! Congratulations!

I tried the pizziola the other day, too...I'm with you on that one!

Oh hey...maybe you can use that awesome line on someone at the concert. Haha.

Cher said...

Lucky! That's so awesome! Have you seen Chad's dance to cold plays song? Whenever Jocey hears the song on the radio she puts her hands up like Chad does and shakes them, so funny!

Mrs. KIR said...

that is AWESOME!!! I am jealous and I do not even know who coldplay is---being old and all--but am way excited for you two!

Lindsay Riggs said...

Hey, Deanna! I just noticed a link to your blog on Chad and Cherisse's! How fun! Looks like you're living it up in Provo! I'm glad I can keep tabs on you now! Seriously, long time no see! Email me at riggsfam@gmail.com so I can invite you to read our blog (if you care to see it.)

Torgersons said...

Holy heck! One lucky duck! Sheesh. I have a blog, but it's private. email me @ jessica_torgerson@hotmail.com and I'll send you an invite. I laughed my face off reading your blog today. I loved it.

Catherine said...

except for the private show was their soundcheck and there were only 30 people there...and there was no backstage pass...or paraphernalia being signed...but we did get to watch the concert on the THIRD ROW!!!! it was sweet. i'd say.

Brady and Taryn said...

yes, i did come straight home from erin's shower and look up your blog immediately. i'm not ashamed, but i am extremely jealous!