Friday, July 30, 2010

Up to my knees in mp3s

Who has two thumbs and stayed up till 3:30 in the morning attempting to clean up her itunes files???.........this guy!!!!

It has been about 5 years since I've attempted to clean up my itunes. I had started to once and then one of my roommates was using my computer and magically erased my itunes library. Luckily it was backed up, but the not-cleaned-up version....so I lost motivation and just let it go wild.

It. was. a. MESS.

I had the Braveheart soundtrack 4 times....FOUR TIMES....Seriously?

And I had the complete Star Wars soundtrack at least twice as well as Lord of the Rings and some other random stuff.....maybe my computer likes to make duplicates of epic film soundtracks??

I also have every R.E.M. song....ever....and plenty of other ridiculously random things.

I spent a little over 6 hours working on it yesterday and will spend a couple more today...but you know what's really sad? That's JUST the music in my itunes folder...which is about 12 gigs....

I have at least 20 more gigs of music on my computer/on DVDs Dale burned them to for me when my computer couldn't handle all of the files.....SO MUCH MUSIC.

So cleaning my itunes out is really a baby step....

Just keep swimming.
Just keep swimming.
Just keep swimming......

1 comment:

Dale said...

I would like to emphasize that DVDs is pluralized. You have a lot of music. I wish I had all of your R.E.M. Maybe not all, but I like some of their stuff.

NERD ALERT!: Remember that one night we were all hanging out at your table and I was going through getting all of the duplicates off? I'm not afraid to admit I was enjoying myself. Music and organization create the perfect world for me.