Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The moment you've all been waiting for...

I'M UPLOADING PICTURES!!!!!!

What's bogus is they may not be that exciting, but now everyone can know what's going on in my year of being twenty five and fabulous....

This will potentially be a really long post so I'll try to dispense with a lot of wordiness, though I make no promises :)

We'll start from oldest to newest...well, as old as the pictures on my camera get...which is around May. And actually this may not be truly chronological because I can't remember certain dates of when some stuff happened and I'm not sure why I'm even going into detail explaining this because none of you were really there....so it doesn't matter!!! N E WAY--

GRADUATION, June 14th commencement:

We had full cap and gown...I also had gold ropes to indicate I was graduating with honors....didn't get those at BYU :)
This is Julio the hairdresser. We both won special awards. His was for looking put together and saucy every day.....mine....was NOT. I got mine for highest GPA. There was no way on this green earth anyone was gonna give ME an award for getting ready for school. Just ask my sister Sarah. She saw me leave every morning...

This is Kim Vo. I LOVE him. He came and spoke at our commencement. For those of you that watch reality TV at all he has the show Shear Genius. He has 4 super high end salons throughout the west coast and his own product line and a bunch of other stuff and is genuinely a really nice person. He didn't toot his own horn at all during his speech and tried to give really helpful advice on job searching and all that. I walked up to him afterward and told him I was born in the west and would love to move back and if I move to the Bay area would he hire me?? :) I think he liked my boldness so he told me to come look him up because he would remember me. Woot woot!!!!

CLOCK OUT Jun15th, my official leaving of hair school:


This is Linda, my very first client. I love her!!!!! She came to me at least twice a week for 6 months. She is a flight attendant and likes her hair teased and stiff but doesn't like to do it herself. I totally respect that. I shampooed and styled her and colored and cut when she needed it. She was the funniest and super thoughtful. She appreciated that I was a responsible adult, or that I was at least trying to be. She tried to give me dating advice a lot. I think we had a few different opinions but I still was grateful :)



Linda brought me this cake as well as balloons and a gift certificate to New York and Co. because I love that store. She was wonderful.

Gina clocked out the same day as me. People bought us some swag to wear.

Clocking Out!!!!
Tradition is to run through streamers in the hallway. No, I don't run like that normally. I was just trying to make sure to get them all.

I got them all :)

This is my friend Jessica from the single's branch out here. I am so grateful for this girl!!!! She is really upbeat and we got to be pretty good friends. She started hair school a couple months after me and it was so nice having a friend there that didn't do crazy drugs or a million other uncomfortable things!

Jess (from above) and my buddy Jason decorated the entry way to my house while I was at the commencement ceremony to tell me congrats. I thought that was so nice of them! They didn't want me to come home to an empty house haha.


LADY ANTEBELLUM AND TIM MCGRAW CONCERT, June 26th (I think):

In the car on the way there!! Jason and Jess, the same friends that decorated my house. Great kids:)
This is the lead male singer for Lady A. You may not be able to tell in this picture, but this man is extremely attractive, tall, AND can sing. I support him.

Workin the crowd.

Up-close shot. Is it sad that I took a picture of the big screen? We had lawn seats that were actually pretty good but cameras don't do justice.

OK I know that this is probably a gross picture but I was laughing pretty hard. Lots of women come to these concert trying to look all foxy as if somehow Tim McGraw is going to leave his absolutely BEAUTIFUL and successful wife and be with them. Anyway, it was a really hot and humid day and these girls did not plan well. The chick on the left has crazy back sweat, and, well, it's obvious what's happening to the girl in the middle ahahahaha. Oh bless her heart.

The dramatic curtain drop on Tim.

And here's Timmy. I got in a discussion with a girl a few weeks before the concert about the attractivness of Tim McGraw. I just didn't see it and she was so convinced that he was super good looking. I thought she was crazy. I take it ALL back. He was doing just. fine.


Yay for concerts!! The two other people in here are my other good girlfriend from the branch, Emily and our friend Jake. I'm trying to take the picture and I'm lookin awkward.


FRONTIER DAYS, or actually it might have been prairie days...eh. July 3rd:


The significance of this?? We were listening to the lead singer of Stix. All the classy mid-west people were rocking out. It was awesome. I think his name is Dennis DeYoung. He was actually doing the robot to the Mr. Roboto song...maybe the worst robot I've ever seen. So funny.


FIREWORKS! July 4th:

So I hung out with Jess and Emily's families on the fourth of July and we walked to a park to watch fireworks. They were pretty good! This is more evidence of the fact that I'm just not very good at taking pictures of people when I'm trying to be in them...

Try again....
And I still fail....oh well!

And I think that gets everyone up to date on what's been happening...in Illinois. I haven't even touched my Utah and Philadelphia trips yet, but I've been on this thing FOREVER so I should probably try to go accomplish something else today...like a shower. More to come tomorrow!!!!

7 comments:

Scott & Liesel said...

LOVED the pics and the update. You look fab!!!

Dale said...

I'm jealous you got to see Styx's lead singer. Was he able to sing a lot of their songs? I love their greatest hits album.

Sharp Times said...

so fun to have pics!! So my sister is friends with Hilary, the female member of Lady A. She went to their concert in Utah recently too. They are pretty good. Anyway...good luck grad!!

Catherine said...

You are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Its about time!! Lots of fun pics!

Amy Anderson said...

yay for pictures!

Sherri said...

So fun to read your update and see the pictures! We hope you make it out west. :-)