Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Another post with pictures!! You lucky ducks:)

For those of you that have just tuned in, I'm finally updating my blog with pictures! I did a MASSIVE post yesterday so make sure not to miss it:)

I'm realizing that posts covering multiple days and events are just overwhelming...so I'm just going to do one event at a time...so here's Utah!!!!

Dale took me to the Ben Fold's concert at the Deer Valley Ampitheatre as a graduation present. He played with the Utah Pops Symphony that I've seen a couple times, once while they backed up Gladys Knight. So good!!! Thanks, Dale!!!


So this guy kicked me a couple times and then seemed to always find his bum really close to our heads...so of course we captured the moment here....


and here.....


This is the theater. It's a temporary one because it's set up right on a ski hill. So gorgeous!! There are amazing condos to the east of the lodge and theatre that I'm sure you have to sell your first born to own. It's mostly retired people that worked for really impressive companies and now spend their summers vacationing in their condos and drinking wine. At one point in the concert Ben looked up at them and said hey to all the people in the condos, and then said "don't worry--when I'm done you can crank back up your Jimmy Buffett." I laughed. A lot.


He sang a song he wrote about a town he once drove through called Effingham--That's totally by my home town!!! I may or may not have yelled, loudly, 'I'm from there!!!'. It was awesome. The town really is hilarious. Besides the fact that it's called Effingham - seriously - their high school mascot is the Flaming Heart - seriously - and when I was in high school they were the only school in our entire division to have a guy cheerleader...and he was EXTREMELY homosexual. Your mascot is a flaming heart and you're their gay cheerleader?? You can't make that stuff up....





His voice was a little under the weather but overall it was still an awesome concert!!!!! He played some of my favorites that made me so happy. He likes him a little bit of colorful language which I think made some of the symphony members extremely uncomfortable. I don't support bad language at all....but some of their faces were a little funny to watch :)



More to come!!!

3 comments:

Torgersons said...

Um, this post was hilarious. Giving up a first born to afford a condo, Ben Folds swearing and making symphony members feeling uncomfortable, homosexual flaming heart cheerleader. Oh my gosh. HAHAHAHA!

taryn said...

I bet that was an awesome concert! Love that dudes bum with your faces. I'm still waiting for the pictures from our girl's time because I want to steal them.

Dale said...

I want to know why the guy kept poking his bum into our heads. Really, dude? Haha. I question whether they were actually accidental butt brushes after all.