Saturday, August 21, 2010

John Mayer

I did the hair and makeup for a wedding back up in Chicago last weekend....oh, by the way...I moved back home...so I'm no longer in Chicago....surprise, I guess?
Anyway, went back last weekend to do the wedding and went to the John Mayer concert that night with some friends. This is my second time to see him live. He has definitely improved as a musician...and as a tool. For those of you wondering what a tool is, I'm pretty sure you can urban dictionary it...but I don't actually know what urban dictionary says about the term...and it's probably inappropriate because a lot of stuff on there is...so maybe don't do that...
but anyway. So amazing live, but you can definitely tell he thinks he's the cats meow. He was wearing the most ridiculous outfit I've ever seen. Let me paint the picture for you because I just don't think my pictures do it justice.

He was wearing white, um, slip on tennis shoes maybe? I don't know they kind of just looked like sports socks. And then his pants, or should I say...man-pris???? That's right....he was wearing capris...but he's a man...so therefore 'man-pris'...they were hidious. I don't know if they're some designer something or other so thats why he wore them but I spent the ENITRE concert trying to figure out what on earth was going on. They were *gulp* tapered on the bottom...just below the calves...and then they ballooned out on top...like parachute pants.....
PARACHUTE PANTS!!!!!!!! seriously, John Mayer??!!!! SERIOUSLY???!!!!!!
for a while I thought he actually had capri over-alls on and had done the super hip, mid-90s folded down at the waist look with the straps hanging down...I could never quite tell.....they were also made of I've concluded a really really shiny black denimn...that looks a lot like leather....so upsetting....
Then he was wearing a white, sleevless shirt....apparently too sexy for sleaves now-a-days. That was followed up with a Brett Michael's bandana on top....truly awful. I used to think this man was really attractive...but I'm having my doubts. Thank goodness he is a ridiculously good musician or I would have lost all faith in him.
Is that shallow??
Whatever.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the evening and a little diddy I got during his encore. I ran up closer to where he was playing...potentially with the intention of perhaps throwing a certain supportive undergarment that some women throw at live music gatherings....but obviously I'm a chicken and did not...plus I didn't have a second one with me....so it just would've been an awful idea. Again. Don't judge me. I was caught in the moment. Someday I will though...hopefully at Neil Diamond.


These guys were the opening band. The Avett Brothers. I loved them!!! Seriously they were folk-rocking it out. So amazing. And they all sang really really well. Their singing style isn't the trendy breathy thing that so many male singers are doing right now but more of a belt it all out deal. That's really hard to do live and they had a really clear tone and it was pretty impressive. One guy was literally walking around playing his cello during part of it too....celloooooo!!! That's amazing:)


I attempted yet again to take a group picture...this is try one...


and try two...


and I still fail. I at least got a portion of everyones face...


J May...seriously I wish you could've gotten a detailed picture of his outfit...


Just thought this pic was kind of cool. Looks more like a drawing...




Mark and Kathryn had never been to a concert before. Crazy to me. We broke them in.



During the encore. We were closer to him so it's a little more detailed. The next one isn't so blurry.




And heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Johnny!!!
And no, I'm not that voice singing loudly over john mayer...but at least she knows the words.



Also I feel like I'm giving everyone the false impression that I'm going to become a regular every-other-day blogger. That probably won't be the case. So enjoy it while you can:) I'll definitely be better than I was before though!!

1 comment:

taryn said...

Oh my gosh I just discovered the Avett Bros. a few weeks ago and I love their stuff! I added a bunch of their songs to my playlist. Also, you are hilarious.