Thursday, August 12, 2010

This one is for Taryn...and all the rest of my girls:)

I've been super super lucky in that I was able to meet a group of amazing girls my freshman year and we have been friends ever since! Even as some were getting married or moving or whatever we always tried to do a girls' night once a month and we really were able to keep that going until this last year where most of us moved away. But we always still try to stay in contact and whenever someone comes into town we try to get together with whoever is there. My wonderful friends came through and FIVE of us were able to get together while I was in Utah!!! It was so great!! I really wish Erin, Natalie, Angie and Meg could've been with us but we're grownups now and don't all live within a ten minute drive like we used to:)

We all got together at Amanda's cute house. Amanda made some AMAZING cinnamon rolls that were about the death of me. Her little boy Jack is SO BIG! He is going to be a cute older brother:)

Jenny was in town!! Her and her husband had just moved from Minnesota to Texas and she just happened to be in town visiting family. I am a lucky girl!! And I got to see her beautiful new little girl, Maddie (full name Madlyn...and I have no idea on any of the spelling).


I don't even know if you can tell in these pictures, but her children have the most perfectly shaped heads. I know that's a pretty weird thing to notice, but my family makes babies with funny lookin noggins so we tend to notice:) Also her babies have gorgeous blue eyes.


Taryn and Amanda holding down the couch:) Taryn's little girl Olivia is ADORABLE!! So cute. She's got some rockin baby blues too. I'm so glad that all of my friends have really attractive kids haha. It makes my life so much easier.


Ok, so this was hilarious to me. Apparently Jack once had a boo-boo on his nose that they applied neosporan (or however you spell it) too. So now anything that resembles some type of antibiotic ointment he applies to his face. So he also loves chapstick, and was putting it all over himself. We found him outside the door like this:


What you can't see is he then proceeded to get it into his eyes. He was making some pretty funny faces and I had a hard time not laughing as Amanda kept telling him that he can't put chapstick in his eyes. Also when she told him that he's not allowed to pick up poop. Kids are hilarious to me.


My fantastic friends!!!! We are really proud of this picture because it was our first shot of the day with the self-timing camera and we actually all look normal in it!!!! There were some hilarious ones to follow on other people's cameras. Who has those anyway, ladies?

I love that Liz and I are holding down the title of 'cool, single friends' in back:) So wonderful of her to take off work and come down from Treemonton! Seriously those were some of the best hours I've had this whole year. In the over 7 years that we've all known eachother, everyone that has gotten married got married in the temple to GREAT guys, some have had BEAUTIFUL children and all have finished or are finishing school and are being awesome women and moms. They're all such amazing examples! I can look at their lives and know that it's possible to have marriages and families like that and be strong in the gospel. My single friends have been such great examples too and we sympathize with eachother's struggles:) I'm so glad I know all of you!!! Love you guys!!!

3 comments:

taryn said...

YAY!!! That was so fun to see everyone! I love you girls too and I'm so thankful we have stayed friends through the years.

Natalie Bergin said...

I am SO jealous...I miss you guys so much. Can't you all just move to the East Coast (at least while I am here)? I love you Deanna. You are beautiful. I look up to you. I miss you.

Megan said...

Man... UGHHH, wish I was there. If nothing else, my kids could've messed up the perfect picture for ya. You look great and should come find an Alaskan mountain man some time. Love you!