Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Remembering not to forget

I didn't really get to document the little things in my college years very well. When I was in Utah I wanted to try to capture some of the old memories. One of my favorite things that I miss so much was being able to go on a walk and end up in a completely isolated area in the foothills somewhere. Mountains are my favorite.
I decided to relive a walk that I took a lot. One that my roommate and I discovered when we were juniors in college.
It starts....
walking by this beautiful apple orchard...

always seeing at least a few deer...


walking past the state hospital and up a hill and falling upon this...



wandering around the castle ampitheater and feeling a little bit like a kid that just found a super awesome spot to play make-believe in...




seeing a great view of Provo and the greater Utah valley...


Finding great spots to do photo shoots...(I took a lot of engagement pictures over the years at this castle in the woods. It was perfect!)






Seeing where Juliet would have stood...(though obviously this balcony does have a flaw....)


and then we get really adventurous....

you hop this fence...


wander around for a while in the foothills and then accidentally fall upon this...



for some reason the grass was dead this year in the middle, almost like it was intentional. I hope they're not planning on building something there. Catherine and I found this place by accident and I wish the pictures did it justice. A bunch of trees had grown together in a clump and the branches had grown together on top making a tunnel. It was really hot and sunny the day we found it so walking into a shaded, quiet retreat was awesome. Again, I promise it was a lot prettier when we first found it over 4 years ago haha!

Then if you wander around a little while longer you'll make your way out of the woods and onto a surface street in Provo, not to far from....


7 PEAKS!!! I had a summer pass to this after I graduated from BYU. It was awesome. A little gem in Provo. So nice on hot summer days.



Next up: Philadelphia and the running of the Rocky stairs....

1 comment:

Tina said...

The tourist in me is screaming, "Take me to these places now!" Great pictures. And awesome update on your trip. Hilarious! "Booked it"...that was my favorite phrase. :)